+ Reply to Thread

Bangalore University convocation/degree certificate application date

Hi every body. Because I cannot make a new discussion in the universities section of the forum, I'm posting this here.

It's been over a year since I passed my Bachelor's of Business Management course under BU and I still haven't gotten my degree certificate! Those of you who are familiar with the archaic practices of BU will know that the certificate has to be applied for separately and there's a small window of opportunity twice every year to do this (?) I missed it the last couple of times because I have lost touch with all class mates and the management of my college are themselves unable to tell me when BU is ready to accept applications for this. The only advise I'm getting from the college front desk is to check with the papers every day and to look for a small notice published by BU. The official university website is unable to provide me details, so that option is ruled out.

I have a feeling it's coming up again because as we speak, the semester exams are being given. If you know when the date please reply back to this thread or shoot me an email to agnaye@india.com.

Thanks.

Easy steps to get convocation from bangalore university

Step1: Go to Room no. 8 (this could change depending on various factors, but go there and check out) in Pareeksha Bhavan at Bangalore University main campus. Take photocopies of your marks card along with you. Meet the right person who is in-charge of your degree course (there are different people in charge of different courses. Eg., BBM is handled by someone, BCom is someone else.) Tell them you want to apply for convocation. They will then check if your name is included in the file they maintain. If it is there, they will tell you how much fees you will have to pay via DD. Ask them for the convocation form and have them write down your code on it (this is the code that is their in their file, against your name).

Step 2: Fill up this form and stick two passport photos. Go to the college where you completed your degree and ask them to seal and sign (principal) one of the photographs. The other photo should be left blank. Get the form also signed and stamped at the bottom.

Step 3: Deposit the DD in the head offiice of bangalore university. They will give you an acknowledgement which you need to get signed in room 203 or 206.. Then take this acknowledgement along with your filled in convocation form and photocopies of your marks, staple them and give it to the receptionist in Pareeksha Bhavan. The receptionist here will give you another acknowledgement.

With this you are done. They will call you as soon as the convocation certificate arrives so you can go and collect them. (you would have filled your phone number in the convocation form). People in room no. 8 may tell you that it usually takes upto 40 days, but it should be done in 15-30 days according to the tatkal scheme. They exaggerate the time taken so you can bribe them. I personally think they do not have any control over it.

+ Reply to Thread

Recent Posts in MBA
   Most Popular Posts