+ Reply to Thread

Tips to prepare for Group Discussions

Give me some tips to prepare for MBA group discussions interview.

Tips for the Preparation of Group Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by Somu.dada View Post
    Give me some tips to prepare for MBA group discussions interview.
    Hi Somu,

Group Discussion is one of the most important part of the short-listing process in Top Management Institutes. Actually, a group discussion involves speaking in front of a group of people. Many people may be very vocal in one individual to another. But they can not interact easily with a lot of people. This test is essential because business management is an activity of a group and everyone has to work with groups. So Group Discussion is the most important parameter of the success of career as a manager. We can test GD in four main areas i.e. Content, Communication Skills, Group Dynamics, Leadership. These areas are described as under : -

Content : - This is the great combination of knowledge and ability to create logical and coherent arguments on the knowledge basis. For qualifying Group Discussion round, student should have in-depth knowledge of various issues. For this, he should develop his subject knowledge on current affairs, business trends and general awareness. He should consider the arguments from both the sides.

Communication Skills : - In Group Discussion, Communication is a two-way process in which the role of the listener is very critical because he has his own point of view of what you say. Besides listening, an individual should be able to express his ideas in a very clear manner. He should have build on the points of others.

Group Dynamics : - As we know that Group discussion is a formal peer group situation that tests the student's behaviour and influence on the group. For this, the obvious requirements are formal language and mutual respect. Do keep strong points in the begining and you should try to analyse both aspects of a situation. Except this, you should show the appreciation for the good points made by others.

Leadership : - The most common misconception about leadership is that it is all about controlling the group. Therefore, in Group Discussion, leadership provides the right direction to the group in terms of content. A true leader allows the others to express their views in the discussion and channels the discussion to a probable decision on the provided topic.

May this help you in cracking GD and PI.

All the Best!
    Palak

re:

great palakkpr for giving me awesome tips for preparation of interview.

You can get many tips for group discussion. But the main and the important tip is to be confident.

The main and most important tip according to me is to be civilized in your discussions. Because you might have the best points in the room but the moment you sound as if you are in a fish market, you will start losing marks.

+ Reply to Thread

Recent Posts in MBA GD (Group Discussion) & Interview
   Most Popular Posts