+ Reply to Thread

Career Options as Marine Law Expert

Come across a new career option as Marine law Expert. Curious to know more about it. Can anyone provide me with the details regarding the same??????

Kunjal, as per my knowledge, marine lawyers deal with issues concerning and in relation with laws governing maritime territories around the world. They have to represent parties litigating over the arrest or release of a maritime vessel, recovering fees or seeking compensations from vessel owners in case of any mishap, collision or sinking. They also deal with matters related to assessing the liability of ferrying goods or the exploitation of fish stocks in the sea.

Geetika, the programme sounds quiet interesting to me. Is there any institute in India or abroad that offers professional course in Marine Law??????

Well, the course is quiet new. Indian institutes offering the course are very few. I know Faculty of law, University of Southampton offers LLM in maritime law while Tulane University Law School, New Orleans, USA offers LLM in admiralty. In India, I can provide u with some good law institutes offering B. A, LLB National Law University, Bangalore, Delhi, Nalsar Hyderabad, National Law Institute University, Bhopal and so on.

Do anyone has any idea regarding the remuneration of a Marine Law Expert?????

A trainee maritime lawyer can expect a salary around Rs. 10,000 to Rs. 25, 000 per month. Of course, with experience and reputation u can expect a higher salary.

+ Reply to Thread

Recent Posts in Career Options
   Most Popular Posts