+ Reply to Thread

Thread: SAT Wordlist

SAT Wordlist

Hi

I am new here. I'am sorry if the "General Questions" category is the wrong place for this post but I was hoping that somebody here on forums.highereducationinindia.com would be able to assist me with SAT vocabulary.

I just can not get myslef to learn so many words

Any tricks ?

Dear Worried,

Your forum post has been moved to it's appropriate place that is to the Sub-Forum How to Prepare for Abroad Entrance Examination inside the Forum Study Abroad Examinations so that other forum users may help you with their tips asap.

Also check out below for tips from my side for the same.

Cheerios,
    Goodluck.

1. Read, Read, Read!The more new words you are exposed to the more you will learn.
    2. Improve your context skill by paying close attention to how words are used.
    3. Practice, practice, practice.So that you can remember it. it's no use if you learn and then promptly forget.
    4. Make up as many associations and connections as possible.Create pictures of the word's meaning that involve strong emotions.
    Use mnemonics ( memory tricks). For example, consider the word EGREGIOUS (extremely bad). Think EGG REACH US - imagine we've made a mistake so bad that they are throwing eggs at us and a rotten EGG REACHes US. Such funny little word pictures will help you remember what words mean.
    5. Get in the habit of looking up words you don't know.Keep open a dictionary or dictionary program on your computer.
    6. Play with words. Play Scrabble, Boggle, and do crossword puzzles.
    7. Use vocabulary lists. For the serious vocabulary student, there are many books that focus on the words most commonly found in standardized tests, such as the SAT and GRE.
    8. Take online vocabulary tests.
    9. Learn vocabulary through vocabulary software
    10. Read books.
    11. Watch movies in English,
    12. Study English with English language software

+ Reply to Thread

Recent Posts in How to Prepare for Abroad Entrance Examination
   Most Popular Posts